'Tent on Toons' HouseboatReserve Now
IMPORTANT NOTE: No bathroom on board houseboat
The boat is ideal for spending the day/1-2 nights on Lake James. The vessel will be tied to our rental dock and ready for departure (including a full tank of gasoline). Boaters will be required to drive and beach/anchor it themselves to desired overnight spot.
With air conditioning, a propane grill, a comfortable living/sleeping area that converts into beds & a kitchenette- the houseboat feels like a “fancy” tent on pontoons with air conditioning.
Taller individuals (6ft tall & over) will most likely find it uncomfortable. We suggest bringing an air mattress or tent just in case you find the sleeping arrangements do not meet your needs.
There are plenty of smaller storage cabinets inside the boat for belongings.The generator is 3500 watt and quiet-running (plenty of power for all accessories, lights and radio). Generator run time is expected to be around 7 to 8 hours per tank of gas.
Bring supplies & people and come have a fancy good time on the lake!
Kitchenette with microwave, toaster oven, sink (20 gallons of on-board water), hot water kettle (heats 1.7L of water each time), space to keep a cooler and some storage.
Small propane grill that runs off the Coleman 1 lb green bottle (propane not included)
Sofa that folds into small double bed, will sleep max 2 comfortably.
Table with booth seating that folds into a small single bed.
Large front deck with covered porch.
Generator provides electricity up to 7 hours.
Air conditioning run by a generator.
Anchors, Safety equipment and Depthfinder.
NO BATHROOM ON BOARD
The boat cannot be docked and slept-in or stayed-in overnight at Lake James Marina. There are however several different options for your overnight stay:
- Reserve a boat-in campsite at Lake James State Park. You will have access to restroom facilities, a private campsite and be able to have a fire or set up a tent. Lake James State Park has many boat-in camping sites that offer great amenities if you are staying overnight. You will have access to a restroom and showers, as well as beaches for your enjoyment if you book these sites (usually about $10/night)
- Stay near a public beach (anchor up only- there is no camping or fires allowed on the beaches/islands)
- Go to the Catawba River State Park & tie-up to that dock, if vacant *Must be 26 or older, show a valid driver’s license, and have a valid boating license if you were born after January 1st 1988. Take the course and get your boating license online here. You will need to print the license card and bring it with you.
2 PM at Lake James Marina, 9066 NC Hwy 126 Nebo NC 28761
12 PM at Lake James Marina, 9066 NC Hwy 126 Nebo NC 28761
- A $200 cleaning fee will be charged if the vessel is returned in worse condition than when picked up
- If a customer requires more fuel during their stay for the boat or generator it will be the customer’s responsibility to pay for it
- An employee will be at the marina most evenings if the customer has issues with their stay.
- All boats must be anchored or beached/docked by 8:30PM